Wednesday, July 16, 2008
The Blog Craze and Being Single
I knew it was time to enter into the competitive world of blogging after I realized that my 8 year old nephew, Milan had his own blog up and running. I guess as a single guy you don't feel authorized to blog, (it's like marriage is a prerequisite for blogging) besides who really wants to see pictures of just me (I do)? Well, I take that back, there’s probably a lot of people that want to see pictures of me in my natural habitat. I'm actually a rare breed, endangered specie of sorts, a 30 year old straight, single, Mormon man, and 172 pounds of American Muscle. There are two things that make being single difficult-1st I wake up alone every morning and 2nd my friends are all married. In fact the other day a good friend told me that he and his wife are done having kids (he's younger than I am). This guy's done having kids and I'm still waiting for my first make-out session (Chap Stick and Gum always in front pocket)! jk So I'm a little behind -everyone basically got on the bus as I sat there twiddling my thumbs as drool dripped from the crevasse of my mouth. It’s not so bad, I guess I'd rather be single and happy than married and miserable, you know divorce runs ramped. Oh, there is a 3rd thing that makes being single stressful it’s called a blind date. Here’s an example-"Hey Mark, I have a Mormon female friend with a pulse, can I set you up?" Sure, let me also pick her up, take her to eat ($$$) and entertain for 5 hours, after all any two righteous people can have a successful marriage!!! Alright look, I'm sorry, but I want to be attracted to the person I marry at all levels. I don't want to have to plug my nose when it's time to kiss good night. Is that too much to ask?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Welcome to the wild world of blogging, Mark! Hey I have a great gal to set you up with. She's never made out either so you guys will be a perfect match! jk, buddy.
You don't need a wife to blog!! Don't be sad about being single- you are still younger than Bruce was when he and I got married and that's worked out great for us. Your wife is out there somewhere- don't lose hope and get all weird and desperate.
Hey Mark! Keep blogging. I can't even remember what it feels like to wake up "alone!" I don't think I've been alone since 1994!
Your are going to be a great hubby and Dad someday. The reason we all want to set you up is so you can join the club....we miss you!
Love ya buddy!
Welcome brother!
The key is when you become an expert in dating you get married. It's one of those dirty tricks life throws at you. See you in a couple weeks.
Post a Comment